You know what anti-aging skincare products are, also their benefits, so what’s next? Discover the how-tos — How to select and How to use them effectively. Find out more.
Go to google search, type in anti-aging products, anti-aging moisturizers, face cream for wrinkles, etc. and you’ll go crazy! There are like millions of products that will pop up on your browser (LOL, I’m just exaggerating).
The truth is, there are a lot of anti-aging thingies available online or offline. And they confuse you, right? You’re not alone.
Have you experienced this — you go to a beauty store, look for an anti-aging item, ask the owner or an assistant that is around to help you pick the best one. Most of the time, they’ll give you their best sellers.
Of course, it means a lot of people trust the product. But, does that mean the product is also the right one for you? I don’t think so.
That’s why it’s important to do your research first before putting anything on your skin especially on the face.
I’ve been on those scenarios myself. But now I’m enlightened!
I discovered how to select the best age-proofing products and properly use them. And that’s what I want to share here with you.
So let’s keep the ball rolling!
Choosing the anti-aging skincare products that are right for your skin.
Making choices about what is important to you helps you be more independent and in charge of your life.
Okay, Riza, so what’s the connection of this with skincare?
Probably none. Haha! Just kidding, what I’m trying to emphasize here is you always have a choice to pick the best one. Why settle for a less effective product? If you can use the one that fits your skincare needs. Take care of yourself by making the right decisions.
Here you go!
How to Select Anti-aging skincare products?
1. Start with the two most effective anti-aging skincare products — moisturizer and sunscreen.
Using these regularly will yield significant results in reducing and slowing down aging signs, also avoiding photoaging.
Choose a sunscreen that includes any of the following features:
- SPF 30 or higher
Did you know that most age-proofing products have a hidden ingredient called ‘moisturizer’? Yes, you read it correctly – MOISTURIZER (all caps for emphasis. lol). That’s how powerful it is for them to keep it a secret.
Important Reminder: Be sure to reapply your sunscreen every two hours while outdoors.
3 of the Best Mineral Sunscreens
- EltaMD UV Clear Facial Sunscreen Broad-Spectrum SPF 46 (available in the USA) – this facial sunscreen is oil-free and is recommended by dermatologists because it helps calm and protects sensitive skin types prone to acne, rosacea, and discoloration. It is lightweight, sheer, and silky that contains ingredients that the appearance of healthy-looking skin.
- La Roche-Posay Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 50 (available in Canada) – contains a filter of 100% mineral origin and has been rigorously formulated. It was tested under dermatological control. It’s great that it’s fragrance-free, paraben-free, and non-comedogenic. A plus because it’s water-resistant and has a weightless texture that quickly penetrates, leaving the skin matte.
- Banana Boat Mineral Sunscreen for KIDS SPF 50 (available in the USA, and Canada) – it is a mild, tear-free formula to protect kids from damaging UVA/UVB. Specifically designed to feel lightweight and easy to rub in. A gentle, and water-resistant sunscreen that is best for kids.
2. Treat your #1 aging skin concern.
Tend your most pressing aging skin problem. Allow a few weeks for sunscreen and moisturizer to take effect. Then examine your skin carefully. Is there a sign of aging that still bothers you?
Focusing on a single issue, such as wrinkles or dark spots, can provide the best results. Find a product that addresses your issue. This is due to two factors:
- No product can treat all symptoms of aging on the skin.
- Using many anti-aging products in a short period can irritate your skin and make you look older.
3. Purchase a skin-type-specific product.
Your sunscreen, anti-aging moisturizer, face cream for wrinkles, and other skincare products will work better for you if they are designed for your skin type.
For example, if you have oily skin, use an oily skin moisturizer. If you have sensitive skin, look for the phrase “sensitive skin” on the bottle. This is important since no one product is appropriate for everyone.
4. Examine product labels.
You are responsible for what you put on your skin, so it’s your duty to make sure it is safe. Select products that have the following:
- Hypoallergenic (though some may still cause allergy, there’s less risk).
- Non-acnegenic (does not cause acne)
- Customer Hotline (to contact for questions or concerns)
5. Pick anti-aging skincare products of realistic expectations.
Exaggerated statements, such as appearing 10 years younger overnight or quickly reducing all signs of aging, are just too good to be true. It’s vital to recognize that anti-aging products have modest efficacy. Face cream for wrinkles will not produce the same results as a facelift (unless it came from Aladdin’s genie).
6. Choose an item that is within your price range.
People have a natural tendency to assume that the more expensive a product is, the better the results will be. Effective anti-aging items are available at several price points. Spend wisely.
Maximize the results you see
Alright, you’ve selected a product, you did your research. Now what to do next? It is to maximize the effectiveness of the anti-aging skincare product with the following tips:
1. Enhance skin penetration.
There are various ways we can do to improve anti-aging product perforation like, 
- Exfoliation. By eliminating the dead skin layer, serums and moisturizers would be able to penetrate deeper into healthy skin.
- Occlusion. Trap the ingredients (ex. apply serum while the skin is damp). The skin absorbs a lot more when it is damp (the reason why Korean women put on their skincare products within seconds after cleansing and rinsing).
- Layer Properly. Applying larger molecules before smaller molecules prevents the latter from entering. This is why it’s important to apply your skincare items in the proper sequence.
- High humidity or temperatures. If the humidity and temperature are high, your skin will be able to absorb more of your skincare products. This is why aestheticians use steam or a hot towel to veil the face before a facial!
- Look for a skincare product with a delivery system. Your skin needs all the assistance it can get to absorb the powerful active ingredients you apply to it. (ex. use products with peptides)
- Choosing the right part of the body. You may want to rethink reserving your skincare items for just the areas of your face where you find noticeable issues. Although it may seem simple, applying an anti-aging serum all over your face rather than just your forehead improves skin absorption, which means it absorbs more active ingredients for better gain.
2. Begin with a single anti-aging skincare product.
When you use multiple products at the same time, your skin can become irritated. When the skin is irritated, the signs of aging become more apparent.
3. Before using it on your face or hands, give it a test run.
To test a product, dab a small amount on your inner forearm. Do this twice a day for four or five days. You can use it on your face and other skin if your skin appears to be fine, with no redness, itchiness, or other reactions.
4. Stop using any stinging, burning, or tingling products.
These sensations indicate that the material is irritating your skin. Irritated skin seems to be older. If you’re using a dermatologist-recommended product, consult your doctor and see if this is normal before discontinuing use. Some prescription-strength drugs scratch or burn.
5. Pay close attention to the directions.
Some products contain active ingredients that, if used excessively, can cause problems. You may develop clogged pores, blotchy skin, or overly dry skin. Read the directions carefully and use the product as instructed.[ref]
6. Allow time for the anti-aging skincare product to work.
While a moisturizer can plump up fine lines in a matter of days, most products require at least six weeks to produce results. It can take up to three months in some cases. Allow time for the product to do its job.
7. Continue using the product if you want to see progress.
People often stop using a product after seeing the results. Please don’t do this, make it part of your routine.
8. Don’t waste your time tanning.
Tanning hastens the aging of the skin. Tanning may cause premature wrinkles, age spots, and other aging symptoms. 
9. Get a night full of sleep.
One of the most important keys to healthy skin is as easy as laying down and napping. Getting the recommended amount of sleep every night is a good place to start when it comes to your skin and overall health.
If you find it difficult to sleep because of all the tiredness and stress the whole day, and you want to give your skin and body the rest they deserve, have you heard and tried using this Ergonomic and Orthopedic sleeping pillow?
This is designed to allow neck and shoulder muscles to relax completely. Contoured shape promotes proper alignment relieving neck and back discomfort rejuvenating your body as you sleep.
It has certified responsive memory foam that reshapes to the perfect desired position to cradle your head and relieves pressure points to improve circulation.
Be engaged and be committed to your anti-aging journey!
Everything written here will only take effect if you put them into practice — DAILY PRACTICE. You’ll achieve the maximum effect of those anti-aging products if you are committed to your skincare journey.
First, use the power of researching to your advantage. Read reviews, familiarize yourself with the ingredients, position yourself whether to use natural or synthetic products, etc.
Secondly, engage yourself with the product. Use it properly, follow the direction on how to apply it, find a friend who’s using the same age-proofing item or you may even look for its online product user community.
Remember there is no overnight success. Getting desired results will take time. You just have to trust the process and the product!
Be in the know with proven ways to prevent skin aging by grabbing the free guide below.
If You Found This Post Helpful, Please Share It With Your Audience 🙂