How much water do you drink daily? Discover why drinking h2o makes your skin stronger and also find out other importance of hydration.
Was there a time where you didn’t drink enough h2o and felt body stress? The reason behind this is because water is necessary to carry out vital functions for your survival.
Here’s a fact: Most of us can only live approximately three days without any water or fluid at all. (That is s-c-a-r-y!)
If you are wondering why then let’s have a short biology review class. LOL
Just like the earth we live in, the body consists of mostly water. To be exact it is composed of 60% h2o. That’s over half!
Did you know the water content of our organs varies? Blood, for example, is approximately 90% water, whereas the kidneys are 79% h2o and bones are 31% water.
It also plays distinct functions in different organs, such as nutrient transportation, toxin removal, structural support, and thermal regulation. 
WOW! I’m speechless. (Maybe I should not continue writing this one. Haha)
Kidding aside, besides flushing out waste on your body and helping organs function properly, hydrating helps nourish your skin (which happens to be the largest organ in our body) — naturally making it look young, glowy, and glassy.
I’m sure proper hydration is part of our ancestors’ secret skincare regimen.
As of today, you don’t have any excuse to skip a glass of your daily h2o! It‘s better to keep sprinkling love to yourself every day. ❤
But wait, there are more things you should know about hydrated skin. Let’s keep going.
5 Benefits of H2O To The Skin
Staying hydrated is essential for your overall health. Water is important not only for digestion and circulation but also for the skin’s health and beauty.
H2O enriches you from the inside out. It’s one of the simplest and most effective skincare for you and me.
Here are 5 Key Importance of Hydration:
1. It improves skin elasticity.
The ability of the skin to stretch and bounce back to its original form is known as elasticity. The suppleness of your skin is what allows it to defy gravity and age gracefully. When your skin is more elastic, it is less likely to sag and wrinkle.
Unfortunately, the production of collagen which is one of the major contributors to elasticity reduces as you age.
Because water is one of the most important components of collagen, it is crucial to drink enough fluid each day if you want to keep your skin looking young.
But it’s not by drinking water alone can you achieve skin hydration. Applying high-quality hydrating and moisturizing skincare products daily can also aid in its healthy recovery. 
2. Skin looks less dull and more radiant.
Dull skin is caused by a lack of hydration as well as a buildup of dead skin cells. Hydrate your skin to combat surface dullness.
3. More water, less oily skin.
You may be tempted to skip moisturizing products if you have oily skin. You may even assume you need to moisturize less, leading your skin to slightly dry out.
However, a lack of hydration may drive the body to create even more oil to compensate for the dryness.
It’s better to drink the recommended amount for your body type and weight, over time you’ll notice your skin becomes less oily. Drinking more h2o can assist your body to regulate its oil production. 
4. H2o improves detox function.
Toxins and metabolic byproducts that cause dull skin are flushed out by healthy skin cells. The ability of the skin to detox is dependent on how well it is moisturized.
Drink an additional glass of water to help your body detoxify itself from the inside out. 
When I’m exercising or jogging outside, this is the water bottle that I bring. They are leak-proof, BPA-free and I find them cute.
5. Less itch and irritation.
Dehydration makes our skin feel itchy, inflamed, and uncomfortable. Have you experienced cleansing your skin with a powerful body cleanser and leave it alone?
I’m sure you become itchy at some point, particularly at night. This is particularly upsetting for people who suffer from eczema or psoriasis.
In that case, increasing moisture can aid in the prevention of itchy and irritated skin, providing relief especially to those with sensitive skin. 
Why is Hydration So Important?
The answer: Well-hydrated skin is healthy skin!
Your skin is an organ.
It is actually the biggest organ in your body and is largely composed of h2o. Your skin cannot operate properly if it is not well hydrated.
If you don’t drink enough water and don’t incorporate hydrating skincare products, your skin will not only get dry, tight, and scaly, but it will also age faster.
Your body loses a lot of water every day, and if you don’t find a way to replenish it, your skin will suffer. Hydration can make a noticeable change in the appearance of your skin.
Are you still uncertain why is hydration so important?
I bet not. Pretty sure, lightbulb moments have come your way!
Oh, yes! Thanks, Riza. But here’s a question, “What are the ways to incorporate h2o into my skincare effectively?”
You got nothing to worry about!
Here are ways to add h2o to the skin:
- Within less than 2 minutes of exiting the tub or shower, while skin is still moist, use a hydrating moisturizer. Because the skin is still receptive, items applied after a bath or shower have a better chance of absorption.
- Before applying your moisturizer, use a product with humectants like hyaluronic acid or the commonly known, glycerin. These ingredients draw water from the air into the skin. Hyaluronic acid can hold 1,000 times its weight in water.
- Eat foods rich in essential fatty acids. Keep your skin healthy and revitalized by boosting its moisture levels through eating foods high in essential fatty acids like salmon, olive oil, walnuts, and pumpkin seeds.
- Increase your water intake. Toxins are removed from the body and skin by drinking at least 8 glasses of water every day. Many people believe that improves the radiance of their skin. Acne patients have reported similar results. Nothing will change overnight, but a few weeks of increasing your water intake should be sufficient to observe how hydration improves your skin. 
Our Recommended Hydrating Serum
- Skinceuticals Hydrating B5 Gel (USA, Canada)
- The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 (USA, Canada)
- Paula’s Choice BOOST Hyaluronic Acid Booster (USA)
- Avène Hydrance Intense Serum / Creme (USA, Canada)
- Caudalie Vinosource SOS Deep Hydration Serum (Canada)
- Murad Sensitive Skin Soothing Serum (USA, Canada)
In general, hydration enhances your skin both inside and out. Always remember that keeping your skin hydrated should be an all-year priority, no matter what the season or weather is.
This is a basic requirement in preventing skin aging.
There are numerous ways to hydrate and retain moisture in your skin. Drinking enough water or h2o throughout the day, using quality moisturizing products, and eating foods that promote hydration will help you have radiant and healthy skin.
Have you noticed a difference in your skin when it is hydrated versus when it’s not? Share your thoughts in the comment section.
Aside from staying hydrated inside out, there are other proven ways to prevent skin aging. Grab your free copy of this guide below.
If You Found This Post Helpful, Please Share It With Your Audience 🙂